Gartner has issued a strong recommendation that the Search Across Computers option should be disabled in Google Desktop Search.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to disable or remove the Search Across Computers feature in Google Desktop Search:
Create a text file and append the following text, save it with a .reg extension and import it in the Windows registry.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
If you'd like more specific steps, please follow the instructions below:
1. Exit Google Desktop and create the following registry key:
Please note that you may need to create the "Google Desktop\Enterprise" portion of the key.
2. Right-click the "Enterprise" key, and select "New" > "DWORD Value."
3. Type "disallow_ssd_service" (without quotes) as the value and press Enter.
4. Double-click the "disallow_ssd_service" value to open the "Edit DWORD Value" dialog.
5. Enter "1" in the "Value data" field, and click "OK."
If you'd like to re-enable the Search Across Computers feature in the future, please change the disallow_ssd_service value mentioned above to "0" (zero).