Skip to main content

Apple Laptop Engulfed In Flames: Real Pictures & Video

Just a week ago, we wrote about using Apple Laptops for frying eggs as the bottom of MacBook Laptops can get very hot if used for a prolonged period.

Well, heere's a real life incidence where an Apple iBook caught fire when it was left over a room carpet for some time. The Laptop owner took some pictures and video while his laptop continued to burn.

The fire was probably caused by the overheating of Laptop battery. As computers get smaller, so do the lithium ion batteries. Therefore, the batteries are getting over-packed with power and overheating.

Other users on Apple's discussion boards have reported that their power adapters have caught on fire and even the FireWire ports on some units.