Zonelabs have released a new version of Zone Alarm Firewall security suite that is no longer spying on you. The ZoneAlarm Server Communications bug is fixed in ZoneAlarm version 6.1.744.000.
The previous versions (6.0 and 6.1) of Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Security Suite software have been phoning home even when instructed not to contact ZoneLabs servers.
With Zone Alarm 6.1.744.000, you can turn off communications with ZoneAlarm’s central servers in the following settings.
* Check for Updates: In "Overview", click the "Preferences" tab, and select "Manually".
* Share my security settings: Also in "Overview" under the "Preferences" tab, at the bottom deselect the "Share my security settings anonymously with Zone Labs."
* SmartDefense Advisor: In "Program Control", set SmartDefense Advisor to "Off".
* Anti-virus / Anti-spyware: In "Anti-virus / Anti-spyware", click "Advanced Options", then "Update", and deselect both options.
* Email Protection: In "E-mail Protection", set Inbound MailSafe Protection to "Off". See screenshot. Next, under "Junk E-mail Filter", click the "Advanced" button. Then click the "Settings" tab and deselect the one option under "Auto Report Fraud Email" and deselect both options under "Show Confirmations".
Now download RegisterPluginCam.exe and double-click on the icon. All your server communications will have been disabled.
If you want to restore your communications with ZoneAlarm central servers, use the command line to run the application (click the Windows "Start" button, choose "Run") by typing "RegisterPluginCam.exe –r".
Download free zone alarm update
Download ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware zaasSetup_61_744_000_en.exe
Download ZoneAlarm Antivirus zaAvSetup_61_744_000_en.exe
Download ZoneAlarm Pro zapSetup_61_744_000_en.exe
Download ZoneAlarm Security Suite zaSuiteSetup_61_744_000_en.exe
Zonelabs Zone Alarm Forums | How to Disable ZoneAlarm Server Communications